Monday, April 18, 2011

Chicken Cutlets with Mustard Pan Sauce

I found this recipe in the paper and decided to give it a try....just tweeked it a little.  As I am preparing dinner, in walks Megan - smiling as she "sniffs" the air and asks if there is enough for her.  So, I set another plate.  Five minutes later, in walks QB, one of Grant's buddies, who excitedly asks "Whatcha making that smells so good?!"  I simply tell him what I am making and set another plate - and, as I could have predicted, 5 minutes later - in walks ZB, QB's brother - and I set another plate.

Not a leftover to be had.  Either they were all starving - or this recipe wasn't half bad!

Chicken Cutlets with Mustard Pan Sauce

6 chicken cutlets
1/2 cup chicken stock
6 T French's Dijon Mustard w/ Chardonnay
1 T chopped Chives
1 garlic clove - minced
1/3 cup softened cream cheese........
(the above is the recipe from the paper)

I tweeked it just a tad - - I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and by adding a little white wine to the pan as I was browning the chicken. I also added about 2 T of butter to the pan.

So - you brown the chicken on both sides - about 15 minutes.
Combine the rest of the ingredients and whisk together until completely blended and pour over chicken.  Heat through until sauce thickens slightly.

I served over parmesan buttery noodles.

It really was good - and would probably be great with pork chops too!

Try it!

3 comments:

  1. Janie, sounds divine! And one that I must definitely try! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Title:
    The Best High Returns on Best Investment
    Content:
    Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
    For More Details click the link below:
    Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum
    Web Link:
    http://www.whatacash.com

    Display Name: whatacash

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've made some decent points there. I looked on the net to find out more about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this website.

    My weblog ... Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete